Post By RelatedRelated Post
This spring season, we’re seeing sizzling new ways to spice up your life with ombre. Óle! Inspired by the 60′s, 70′s,and 80′s ombre is the fad of dissolving shades from one side of the spectrum to the other. You probably already adore the ombre fad, but guess what? For spring, this retro trend gets a modern makeover, so whip out your notebooks, ladies, because you’ll want to update your spring style list!
Where some celebs are sporting major ombre-in-your-face hairstyles like Dakota Fanning’s pink dip-dyed ends, Rachel Bilson shows that an understated ombre hairstyle, such as her beach waves that fade from dark-to-light, is just as hip. And, let’s not forget to mention that ombre can show up in one’s wardrobe as well! Below, we’ve listed 10 celebrities who are flaunting their ombre hairstyles and ombre wardrobes. Leave a comment below with your ombre thoughts and tweet us @nubry with pictures of your ombre-tude (get it? ombre attitude?!).
5 Ombre Hairstyle Tips:
1. Neon Dip-Dyed Hair – If you love the 60s, 70s, and the 80s, this is a bomb new way to look groovy, baby. Check out Jaime King’s rockin’ blue ends!
2. Pastel Dip-Dyed Hair – For those of you infatuated with pastels this season, spruce up your ‘do by adding some blunt color to your ends, like Dakota Fanning’s pink dip-dye hairstyle.
3. Classic Ombre Hair – For the of you who have that natural brown hair color that’s to-die-for and are thinking of finally dying your virgin hair, this one is for you. Think Rachel Bilson!
4. Reverse Ombre Hair – If you’re bored with the dark-to-light hairstyle and cringe at the thought of rainbow-colored hair dye, try transforming your locks from a natural light color to a natural dark color, like Poppy Delevigne.
5. Subtle Ombre Hair – This is a way to express your love of ombre without making a drastic change, like Demi Lovato.
5 Ombre Style & Wardrobe Tips:
1. Dip-Dyed Denim – For an effortless way to wear ombre, simply strut your stuff in a dip-dyed denim piece such as a button-down, cut-off shorts, cut-off vest, or jeans. Also a great look for Coachella!
SHOP KATE’S SHIRT: 7 for All Mankind Denim Button Down Dip Dyed Shirt
2. Dip-Dyed Jacket – Update your bright or embellished statement jacket by going ombre, like Jessica Alba in her green pre-fall 2012 Doo.Ri cocoon trench coat.
SHOP JESSICA’S PANTS: ASOS Cropped Pants In Pink Floral Rose Print
3. Multi-Colored Ombre Coat – Kick it up a notch further with a multi-colored ombre coat, like Blake Lively did in her Kaelen coat while on the set of Gossip Girl recently.
4. Ombre Maxi Skirt/Dress – Look LA chic with an ombre maxi skirt or dress that can be dressed-up or down, just like Louise Roe in her Reiss dip-dyed maxi and oversized top.
SHOP LOUISE’S TOP: Michael Stars Chunky Marl Poncho in Black
SHOP LOUISE’S MAXI: Young Fabulous & Broke Hamptons Double Ombre Dress
5. Ombre Nails – Jumpstart your ombre wardrobe by painting your nails in a variety of one colored hue, like Lauren Conrad did with her blue ombre nails!
SHOP LAUREN’S NAIL POLISH: Essie – Blue and Green Nail Polish Shades (Barbados Blue) – Beauty