When the 80′s neon trend popped back into society recently, we heard rumors that it was just a fad. So false!
When looking for confirmation about styling a wacky trend from another decade, it’s always a good idea to turn to the celebs and see what they’re up to. Because honestly, those chicks are on top of trends like bees on honeycombs. Right!? Okay ladies, it’s time to travel back in time and pull out mother’s neon jeans and accessories from the eighties because everything and we mean EVERYTHING from jeans, shirts, and dresses to shoes, handbags, and accessories are being called upon. Oh my!
Below we’ve listed 8 chic ways to rock the neon trend just like the celebs are, without thinking (or looking) like you’re in a Jane Fonda DVD. And remember to tweet us @nubry with your favorite ways to wear neon this season!
1. Top – a bright yellow blouse (like Katy Perry) shows the world that “baby, you’re a firework“…and you don’t really need to dye your hair cobalt to prove it.
SHOP KATY’S BLOUSE: Just Cavalli Scoop Neck Yellow Snakeskin Printed Jersey Top
2. Dress - a neon orange dress (like Vanessa Hudgens) is a surefire way to rock the party right.
SHOP VANESSA’S DRESS: Carven Cutout hammered-silk dress
3. Shoes – neon kicks (like Solange Knowles) add a pop of color to your outfit and they’re radical!
SHOP SOLANGE’S HEELS: Fendi turquoise faille colorblock ankle strap sandals
4. Handbag – invest in a neon bag or clutch (like orchid!) that you absolutely love and carry with pride (like Mandy Moore).
SHOP MANDY’S BAG: Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium Orchid Satchel
5. Jumpsuit – for the super fashion-forward who dare, a neon jumpsuit (like Kate Beckinsale) is where it’s at!
SHOP KATE’S JUMPSUIT: Diane von Furstenberg Ebuca Silk Jumpsuit
6. Sunglasses – because you know you want to be like Tom Cruise in Risky Business, neon sunglasses (like Ashley Tisdale) are a great way to display your 80′s love.
SHOP ASHLEY’S SUNGLASSES: Ray-Ban RB2132-902 New Wayfarer Sunglasses
7. Blazer – wear a bright blazer (like Kim Kardashian) over a tee and jeans for a looks that screams “I’m a cool cat!”
SHOP KIM’S BLAZER: Naven Oversized Blazer in Pop Pink
8. Accents – when looking like a highlighter isn’t really your thing, opt for accents of neon like bright yellow shoelaces, orange belt, or neon nails (like MK)!
SHOP MARY-KATE’S NAIL POLISH: Essie Geranium Neon Nail Polish