Summer is finally here which means it’s time to swap out your cable-knit sweaters for midriff baring bustiers and leather skirts for high slit maxi skirts. There are several easy ways to drastically spice up your summer wardrobe and we’re going to show you how! The incorporation of one on-trend item can make an outfit go from okay to amazing, instantly! While the items we’ve chosen below are all must-haves for summer, each will refresh your summer style 360 degrees.
Many of the must-have trends for summer are popular amongst our favorite celebrities including the midriff bustiers, Neon sandals, dip-dye ombre garments, cutout dresses, patterned scarves, slitted maxi skirts, color blocking, round sunglasses, mixed print bikinis, and bold lips. Below, we’ve chosen 10 products that will drastically spice up your summer outfits. Leave a comment below telling us your must-have summer items!
10 Items That Will Spice Up Your Stylish Life This Summer
1. Midriff-Baring Bustiers: Don’t be afraid to show off a hint of those sizzlin’ abs this summer. Try a midriff-baring bustier in crochet coupled with a high-waisted skirt and cardigan for just the slightest sliver of exposed skin.
SHOP THE LOOK: Rare Crochet Bustier Top – $62.62
2. Neon Sandals: Put your pedicure on display with a hot flash of neon on your feet.
SHOP THE LOOK: Mystique Neon Criss Cross Sandal – $125
3. Dip-Dye: The “high-low” hem has been one of the best trends to surface this year, but add dip-dye to the mix and you’ve got one hot item. A sheer high-low hem top works great during the day with a tank underneath and can work as a cover-up when worn with a bathing suit.
SHOP THE LOOK: Reverse Dip Dye Long Back Sheer Top - $78.28
4. Cutout dresses: Too many cutouts will instantly bring this look from too cute to too much. Go for a look that offers more fabric than cutouts. Cutouts in a floral print will instantly have you looking as innocent as the girl next door…
SHOP THE LOOK: LOVE Coral Daisy Print Cut Out Dress – $66.67
5. Patterned Scarves: Throw on a sheer scarf with a brightly colored pattern and your look will instantly pop.
SHOP THE LOOK: Diane von Furstenberg Hot Coral Shadow Dot Large Campbell Scarf – $150
6. Slitted Maxi Skirts: Peekaboo! Slits are bringing the maxi skirt into the 21st Century, providing a bit of modernity to the bohemian look made popular in the 60′s. Click Here for more high-slit maxi skirts for all budgets.
SHOP THE LOOK: findersKEEPERS One More Chance Skirt - $170
7. Color blocking: A trend for the bravest of the brave, yet so easy to pull off. Color-blocking is all about letting one item shine at a time. Pair color blocked shoes with an all-black outfit and you’ll take summer chic to a whole new level. Click Here to see Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj performing in these colorful platforms.
SHOP THE LOOK: Giuseppe Zanotti Neon Colorblock Platform Sandal – $695
8. Round Sunglasses: Inspired by music legends such as John Lennon and Janis Joplin, round sunglasses are making a huge comeback. Try this nostalgic style in tortoise shell to glam up your look.
SHOP THE LOOK: ASOS Round Sunglasses – $20.87
9. Mixed Print Bikinis: Mismatched bikinis have never looked so cool. This summer it’s all about the mix and matching of mismatching prints. Click Here for more summer bikini trends.
SHOP THE LOOK: Mara Hoffman Cheetah Print Embroidered Bustier Bikini – $221.25
10. Bold Lips: Pucker up that pout and draw on some red hot lips. This quick and easy way to spice up your summer wardrobe could even be the most effective! A glossy pencil provides the best results if you haven’t got a steady hand.
SHOP THE LOOK: LAQA & Co. Ring of Fire Fat Lip Pencil – $19.95