Naturally, our bodies will detox on their own, but due to the overabundance of pollutants and toxins that we come in touch with everyday in our environment, it is critical that we pay special attention to detoxing our bodies frequently. We want to show you how to detox your body this month and for the rest of the year by taking a new approach to detoxing. A detox is a process (or period of time) in which one abstains from or rids the body of toxic or unhealthy substances. But, rather than do a 48-hour detox or 3-day juice cleanse, which are miserable crash diets that never work and waste one’s money, try changing your lifestyle for the better. Live a detox lifestyle!
Treat your body with care by living a detox lifestyle and you’ll not only feel better, but you’ll also look better, wear your clothes better, lose weight and stay skinny, improve your health, reduce the signs of aging, and decrease chances of disease. Ummm, where do we sign up?! Cross off everything about weight loss and dieting from your New Year’s Resolutions list and instead write “live a detox lifestyle”. See how to stay skinny all winter long here. A detox lifestyle includes a healthy diet filled with fruits and vegetables and void of meat (or in very small quantities), dairy, processed, and other toxic foods; an active exercise schedule that promotes sweat and toxin release; a good sleep routine, and a few more important components. This is the answer to all of your concerns, we promise! Read on to see how to detox your body 12 different ways and please weigh in with your tips and tricks on how you live a detox lifestyle.
Editor’s Deal: Receive 20% off iLipo and/or Myometrix Method at La Jolla Wellness Studio by mentioning “Nubry” when you call for an appointment, or email us at Partners@nubry.com.
Wearing: Lululemon La Jolla
Photo Credit: Matt Doheny Photography
How To Detox Your Body 12 Different Ways
1. Exercise lightly, often — make the body sweat and burn fat and in turn you’ll release toxins as they are attracted to fat. When done correctly, physical activity can assist your body in getting rid of toxins stored in fat cells; however, strenuous exercising can lead to the breakdown, release and possible re-accumulation of toxins stored in the body, so go lightly.
2. Get 8 hours of sleep — the time period from 10pm to 2am is the most healing and detoxifying time to sleep. During this crucial time, our body does the most cell-repair and cell-rejuvenation, getting rid of toxins within the cells. If we go to sleep at 1am or later, we miss out on this natural anti-aging habit. Lack of sleep can impact us more than you probably ever realized — from causing us to get fat by overeating, drinking more coffee if we’re tired, and even increasing our chances of disease and sickness due to high inflammation and stress levels. See how to beautify while sleeping.
3. Detox with whole body vibration training and iLipo at La Jolla Wellness Studio — iLipo is a non-invasive fat melting laser that aids in weight loss and thereby elimination of fat through the lympatic system. Following a session of iLipo, you will go through whole body vibration training and high intensity interval training called the Myometrix Method. The sound vibration enables the body to reduce cortisol “the stress hormone” and lactic acid (enzyme that can make your muscles sore); increases metabolism which burns calories more rapidly; increases blood circulation; and increases lymphatic drainage thereby removing toxins faster.
***Receive 20% off iLipo and/or Myometrix Method at La Jolla Wellness Studio by mentioning Nubry or email us at Partners@nubry.com***
4. Eat whole foods only especially those filled with antioxidants — fill up on non starchy vegetables including greens, broccoli, kale, chard, green beans, zucchini, and eggplant. Choose foods rich in antioxidants because they protect cells from damage caused by unstable molecules, which are also called free radicals. Free radical damage could lead to cancer. Examples of antioxidants include beta-carotene, lycopene, Vitamin C, E, and A. Look for foods high in antioxidants (starting from highest): small red beans, wild blueberries, red kidney beans, pinto beans, cultivated blueberries, cranberries, artichokes, blackberries, prunes, raspberries, and other fruits like strawberries, red and green apples, pecans, cherries, plums, russet potatoes, black beans, plums, and gala apples.
5. Cut out refined sugar, white flour, dairy, and anything processed — these items cause increased cravings, slow metabolism, and are stored immediately as fat.
6. Eat fat for satisfaction, but keep it to a minimum — fat balances blood sugar, fuels cells, and makes you have a feeling of fullness. The best fats to consume in small quantities during you detox are nuts (walnuts or almonds), seeds (flaxseeds or pumpkin seeds), and avocados.
7. Ask a friend to join you on your detox — being healthy is contagious and you’ll have better success if someone else is motivating you and holding you accountable!
8. Use a body scrub for energizing and detoxifying — this is ideal for when you’re feeling tired, rundown or sluggish. A good body scrub like ila Body Scrub is designed to improve circulation and stimulate the lymphatic system, combat sluggishness, uplift your spirits and slough away dead skin, toxins and cellulite.
9. Live a detox lifestyle, don’t do a 48-hour detox — teach your body to live the right way and you’ll never have to go on a crash detox or diet…they never work anyways, so why put yourself through the misery?
10. Drink lots of water throughout the day — flushing the body, especially the detox organs: liver and kidneys, is vital for a healthy, disease-free body!
11. Always choose organic vegetables — pesticides are so dangerous to the human body and can cause cancer, infertility, birth defects, reproductive problems, and more.
12. Detox in the sauna — your body will perspire, thus sending toxins out through the skin, the body’s largest detox organ. Strive to going into a sauna once a week.