Even if you aren’t the adventurous type when it comes to new hairstyles, hair styling, fancy hairdos, and updos, the holidays can be a great time to rock a hairstyle that you have not tried before. Easy hairstyles can be as fresh and festive as a new dress. Just like variety in your fashion, you should also try some hairstyle variety. Below are 6 of this year’s trendy stylish and easy holiday hairstyles that you can do yourself including the top knot or messy bun, side fishtail or messy braid, half-up half-down, low messy bun, side swept, and the milk braid to spice up your hair looks whether you are getting ready for Christmas or attending a Holiday Party.
6 Stylish And Easy Hairstyles To Try This Winter
1. Top Knot or Messy Bun. Nothing goes more perfect with a knitted infinity scarf than a big bun on top of your head. This may be one of my personal favorites all year round (because it takes such little effort) which is why its #1.
2. Side Fishtail or Classic Braid. Anytime your hair can be contained and off to one side, you are automatically going to look effortlessly fashionable. Once your have completed your fishtail, or braid, be sure to pull the sides out for the looser/messier look which has become very popular. This is one of the easy hairstyles to rock this winter and looks so chic whether dressed up or lounging at home.
3. Half-Up Half-Down. This all-time favorite hairstyle is for all ages and can never really go wrong. Whether your hair is curly or straight the look will always be able to take hair away from your eyes and show off your make-up, while still letting your hair down to have a flirty look. A bow is always optional, too.
4. Low Messy Bun. When you have bangs its hard to rock a top knot. Sometimes a little bun right above your shoulders let’s you showcase a part (side or middle), and let your bangs stay down. Pulling the hairs around your face from the bun gives a messy feel and shows off that cute/comfortable look while still being fashionable.
5. Side Swept Do. One of the classiest hairstyles for the holiday season also happens to be one of the easiest. After blow drying your hair to perfection, simply add a twist or French braid to one side, and with all your hair on one shoulder you instantly look red carpet ready. You can also use a bedazzled barrette to push your hair back over to one side.
6. Milk Braid. We all have those days where our hair needs to be up off our shoulders as much as possible. The milk braid is a perfect hairstyle to look cute while being comfortable. With a prep time of about 5-7 minutes, this hairstyle may single-handedly get me through the winter season.