As the end of summer comes to a near and children head back to school, you think, now what? “Does Closing Day in Ibiza fit into my work schedule?” Or, “Will they notice if I take off for New York Fashion Week?” And, “OMFG, LF is having their annual 60% off sale and I need another pair of high-waisted jean shorts + like 5 crop tops…I need to call in sick!” Hold on a minute, don’t let a little summer nostalgia get you down, it’s time to end the Hampton’s/Cabo/Miami/Mykonos chapter and begin the next. This next chapter is all about improving the ordinary and taking the normal to the next level. Sort of like, flying private instead of commercial (which happens to be our #13) or drinking Bulletproof coffee instead of the daily cup o’joe (our #7).
If you haven’t thought about your morning routine lately, then get started there as it’s the perfect time to jump-start a better day. I mean if grass-fed butter blended into French Roast will improve my brain function (and possibly help me drop weight), well I’m all ears! Below, we show you 15 ways to take it to the next level, because yah, life’s so much more fun when it’s next level better!
Editor’s Note: Congrats to Arielle B. for winning August’s Giveaway and Congrats to Nataljet N for winning September’s Giveaway — you each win 2 KAABOO music festival passes! For all you others, go ahead and buy 1 day, 2 day, or 3 day passes to KAABOO now! Also available in limited quantities are VIP passes (VIP kickoff party is this Thursday, featuring Sheryl Crow) and pool deck passes, cabanas, and chaise lounges to BASK.
15 Ways To Take It To The Next Level
1. Plan an end of summer party and invite all your friends. Stressed out thinking about whose going to be able to make it and knowing which day will be most popular for attendance? Use Doodle for easy scheduling, rather than playing email, text, and phone tag with your guest list on annoying stuff like the best available date/time. Save the back and forth chit chat for thing that matter like, whose going to bring the cases of wine, hard liquor, mixers, jello shots, cheese plate, boom box, Twister, etc…
2. Try out all of the top group workouts in town without buying like 20 different memberships, because your AMEX is not impressed. Use the Wildfire app (previously fitn) to book unlimited class spots in Pilates, spinning, yoga, boxing, and more at the click of a button.
3. SPONSORED: Make September a month to remember by attending KAABOO — a new mix-perience to hit San Diego — where luxury meets music festival. KAABOO was created by music lovers for music lovers. Highly anticipated KAABOO will be an adult escape, uniquely curated to appeal to all five of your senses, with world-class music, dancing, incredible cuisine, craft libations, inspiring contemporary art, and personal indulgences. Buy your weekend passes for 3 days of 100+ music acts and performances across 7 stages. Artists will include the likes of No Doubt, The Killers, and Zac Brown Band. Enter to win 2 passes here (giveaway ends August, 26th at midnight PST) or purchase your weekend passes here.
4. Turn your Instagram account into a glossy storybook with picture perfect selfies. Use the Selfie On A Stick for the best shots…I mean if Pres. Obama and Gigi Hadid are doing it, you can totally do it too!
5. Turn your dried out summer beach mane into silky and smooth wonderland. One shower with the sulfate-free Gloss Moderne shampoo and conditioner will bring tears of joy to your eyes and clean luxury to your hair. P.S. it’s a celeb favorite — hello Chrissy Teigen, J.Lo, Kristen Bell, and Rachel Zoe!
6. Stop skipping breakfast or grabbing for a sugary protein bar. This act will actually lead to weight gain and leave you hungry, so what’s the point?! See how easy (and quite relaxing) it is to make overnight oats so that you can wake up looking forward to your first bite of numb. The best part about overnight oats is that you can make them however you want. Seriously! Like if you don’t like fruit, don’t use it or if you’re dairy-free use almond milk instead of yogurt. For me, I use oats, chia seed, cinnamon, and water…yep, that’s it! To get started, checkout this vegan overnight oats recipe.
7. Totally not into eating your breakfast? Fine. Whip up a “Bulletproof Coffee” and take it to go. Drinkers have been known to increase brain function and mental clarity, drop weight, and feel amazing. Oh, and the result of blending grass-fed butter, Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) oil, and low toxin or “Upgraded” coffee is out of this world creamy deliciousness! The inch of foam that sits on top of the coffee is a dream. See recipe below.
- Place 2 tbsp of grass-fed organic butter in your blender (you can find Kerrygold at Whole Foods)
- Pour 1 to 3 tbsp of MCT oil over the butter
- Brew 16 ounces of low-toxin organic coffee
- Blend it all together (we love the Nutribullet by Magic Bullet)
8. Scrubs, at-home micro-dermabrasions, and normal spa facials just not doing the trick? Get ridiculously clean, smooth, soft, and vibrant skin in 30 minutes with the Jetset HydraFacial, available at Spa Blue in Del Mar, CA. Popular with celebs as a pre-red carpet treatment, the HydraFacial combines exfoliation, deep cleansing, and extraction to remove impurities and dead skin cells while at the same time hydrating and replenishing vital nutrients. Results are instant and there’s no downtime!
9. Getting away from it all doesn’t always have to mean jet-setting off to some tropical destination, although we do love that. Make your next endeavor all about you and create a “she shed” or the equivalent of a man cave! Now who wants to do a DIY for us? Pretty please!
10. SPONSORED: Upgrade your KAABOO passes to VIP! Here’s the scoop…
- As a Hang Five VIP, you’ll kick off the KAABOO weekend escape early at a VIP-only Thursday night party, featuring memorable live performances by Sheryl Crow and Ed Kowalcyzk, with delectable food and libations. As a VIP, you’ll also get dedicated on-site valet and self parking options, exclusive access into KAABOO VIP Lounges throughout the venue with special VIP-priced food and beverages and luxury seating. Additional perks include access to VIP sit-down restaurant with full table service, preferred seating with full service in “Humor Me” comedy club (limited seating is first-come, first-serve), charging stations and premium bathrooms, and a VIP guest welcome package and pre-event planning support via a dedicated, on-site concierge/information service.
- As a Hang Ten VIP, you’ll enjoy all of the above plus stage viewing areas at Sunset Cliffs main stage and two other stages, access to KAABOO Artist Lounge, access to “Oceanfront Oasis” Lounge for relaxation and fun, with special pop-up performances in the Racetrack In-field, chance for select “Meet and Greets”, complimentary valet parking, dedicated pre-event planning support and on-site concierge service, an exclusive Hang Ten VIP welcome gift bag, the opportunity to book unique off-site excursions, like surfing, beach yoga and more, and complimentary food and beverage in designated areas.
11. Is your dead iPhone killing your vibe? Well yah, if it’s out of batteries and you can’t make happy hour plans! No worries, there’s Fuel Rod to the rescue. Plug in this ready-to-use power to give your phone extra juice while on-the-go. Look for the stand alone machines in the airport to swap out your used Fuel Rod for a new one.
12. Boost your metabolism, improve digestion, detox daily, and reduce inflammation? Yes please! Simply mix 1 Tbsp. raw, organic apple cider vinegar with a glass of filtered H20 and drink daily before a meal. Your welcome.
13. Our days of flying commercial are so last week. Book your next trip 30 minutes before departure on Set Jet, where flying private starts at only $399.95 one way.
14. Enjoying amazing water that has so much flavor…no, we’re not talking about Gatorade or the latest juice craze. Drop your favorite ingredients — think berries, herbs, lemon, cucumber, etc. — into ice trays and fill with water. Freeze, then drop 2 or 3 ice cubes into your water and enjoy thoroughly. No artificial sweeteners included.
14. Lounging at the beach isn’t as relaxing and serene as it’s cut out to be. Think sandals, shorts, and tee stuffed underneath the top of your towel in hopes of providing a pillow for your aching head. If only our beach towels had a built-in pillow. Ohhh, but they do! Enter Sand Cloud. Available in bright colors and fun prints, these fabulous beach pals roll up easily into your beach bag while providing luxury and comfort on the sand.
15. Make something unexpected out of something normal. Like fruit salsa with cinnamon chips as opposed to tortilla chips and salsa; a s’mores pizza baked on an outdoor grill; watermelon jello shots that look just like a watermelon; or popsicle brownies that taste better and look so much cuter than than the poolside variety!
For more on fleek tips, like taking your life to the next level, be sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter in the sidebar above.