Christmas is next Thursday and you still need to do your holiday gift shopping for all your friends, coworkers, and family. Look no further and shop no longer as our DIY Christmas gift idea is sure to be a fan favorite, as well as save you mucho moola. Additionally, your friend will appreciate your gift even more because it came from your own sweat and tears (not really, hopefully, but you know). Seriously, who needs another Godiva chocolate bag or Starbucks gift card…no one! This Christmas, spread holiday cheer with our homemade cocoa mix in a jar, hand-crafted by you, that can either be enjoyed this holiday season, next, or saved for a rainy day. And on that rainy day, your friends will be thinking of you and smiling from ear to ear. Our DIY Christmas gift was recently featured in Locale Magazine Holiday 2014.
DIY Christmas Gift: Homemade Cocoa Mix In A Jar
See below for how to make this homemade cocoa mix with peppermint in a jar.
Editor’s Note: For an inexpensive, quick and thoughtful gift, layer these sweet ingredients to make homemade peppermint hot cocoa in a jar. Then, add a ribbon and a tag and voila!
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 crushed peppermint candy
- Mason jar and lid (or other)
- This mix will fill a one-quart jar (12 servings), but if your containers are different sizes, just keep the ratio of ingredients constant.
- Layer powdered milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips and peppermint candy.
- On back of tag, write “Mix contents in a large bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup coca mix in a mug and stir in one cup boiling water. Store remaining mix in an airtight container.”
- Give to a friend!