Fabulous new nail design trends for 2014 like matte black, metallic, oxblood, radiant orchid, and studs are spreading like wildfire across the fashion world. Pairing a matte black nail with edgy gold jewelry will give you a look inspired by the goth or vamp trend, the shade of oxblood will make your nails sexy and first-date ready, and metallic hues are fit for a celebrity on the red carpet. Click here to see how to accessorize your outfit with metallic nails. Try this year’s Pantone Color of the Year to really bring your fingertips to life with an amaze shade of radiant orchid. Or, add 3D nail art to your tips, like a simple gold stud as seen on the Kate Spade NY fall/winter 2014 runway, to take a boring solid color from drab to so fab! Below, see which nail design trends made our top 5 do’s for the winter 2014 season.
Top 5 Nail Design Trends for Winter 2014
1. Black Matte – Whether you top it off with a black glossy French tip, or keep the whole nail matte, this gothic trend is sweeping the hands of celebrities — such as the reality star turned fashion designer turned trendsetter, Miss Kendall Jenner. The famous fashionista’s manicure is easy to achieve with OPI’s new matte finish polish line including a black matte like “Black Onyx”.
SHOP KENDALL’S POLISH: OPI’s “Black Onyx” – $9
2. Statement Studs – Winter 2014’s New York Fashion Week included runways featuring the newest and hottest nail design trends of none other than Kate Spade NY, which featured a solid color nail bedazzled with a single gold stud. This look is simple, yet very fashion forward.
3. Metallics – Celebrities such as Sarah Michelle Gellar wore metallic nail trends to the 2014 SAG Awards. The shiny golds, silvers, and bronze hues make your nails look almost futuristic and have the power to make any casual outfit really pop!
SHOP METALLIC NAIL POLISH: Metallic Nail Polish – $10
4. Oxblood – The always popular, fiery red hue is pretty much officially out and the darker, crimson, blood red shade is officially in! Essie’s new ‘Bordeaux’ polish was recently seen on the NYFW fall/winter 2014 runways at the likes of Reem Acra and Naeem Khan.
SHOP THIS POLISH: Essie’s ‘Bordeaux’ – $7.79
5. Radiant Orchid – The 2014 Pantone Color of the Year is an exciting shade of purple that designers like Tom Ford have infused into a little nail polish bottle to assist in your beautiful winter 2014 manicures.
SHOP THIS POLISH: Tom Ford’s Radiant Orchid – $32