Looking for a fun, festive treat to serve friends and family on July 4th? The red, white, and blue holiday is fun to celebrate especially when you are in patriotic spirit! American, hand-dipped ice cream cones are the perfect 4th of July desserts because they’re easy to prepare in advance and store in the freezer until you are ready for the ice cream party.
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? Yep! And on July 14th, we’ll be celebrating National Ice Cream day…can’t wait! Our patriotic hand-dipped ice cream cones are guaranteed to be a huge hit for adults and kids.
Below, we’ve put together a list of ingredients and instructions so that you too can whip of these quick and easy patriotic cones as one of your top 4th of July desserts.
Editor’s Note: This can be a gluten-free recipe as well if you buy gluten free ice cream cones.
- box of ice cream cones (gluten-free cones are available)
- 2 large bars of milk, dark, or white chocolate
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Butter
- 2 Pinches of Salt
4th Of July Desserts: Hand-Dipped Patriotic Cones
1. Melt chocolate in a pot with coconut butter and salt over medium heat – stir frequently until melted, then turn off heat.
2. Dip the tops of the ice cream cones into the melted chocolate mix. Use a spoon to drip chocolate onto sides of cone. Wait for chocolate to stop dripping.
3. Dip chocolate covered cones into red, white, and blue sprinkles. Sprinkles sides with spoon to coat evenly.
4. Place face down on a plate and put into the freezer until ready to serve with ice cream.
If you like this article about 4th of July desserts, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter in the right hand sidebar above. We’ll send you more great holiday special recipes.