Thanksgiving is such a special holiday for me because I travel home to Ohio where I grew up, I decorate my parents’ home, cook for days in a big kitchen, drink more than I should, and spend good ‘ol quality time with my family and friends. One of my favorite activities during this time is preparing the table and adding my unique touches, such as super cute place settings, which I always create myself. It’s important to seat all your guests in advance, so there’s no awkward tension when it comes time to sit down, and so that you can avoid any uncomfortable conversations during dinner.
For these place settings, I decided to make use of the Oak Tree leaves that had fallen outside my house by spray painting them gold and then writing each guest’s name on the leaf. Gold leaf place cards are so festive and can be used not only for Thanksgiving, but also for Christmas holiday parties. Below, I’ve listed what you’ll need to create these fabulous gold leaf place settings. I hope you like!
- Oak Leaves (1 for each guest)
- Gold Spray Paint
- White Out or Yellow Out (or paint w/paint brush – if you have)
- Cardboard or Newspaper
- Lay your cardboard or newspaper outside in a well-venilated area. Spray each leaf with gold spray paint on both sides until completeley covered in paint. Set aside to let dry.
- Once all of your leaves are painted and dry, go inside and lay them on a flat surface or counter. Write each guests name on the leaf with white our or yellow out (a house staple!). You can also use paint and paint brush to write your guest’s names if you have.
- Place each leaf on the table on top of the place or above it to mark your guests’ seats.