For those of us watching our dairy intake, we can instead enjoy a vegan fruit and yogurt parfait by skipping the yogurt and using a non-dairy, homemade vanilla bean cream. Mmmmm! It’s even more fun to have a vanilla bean fruit parfait served in a martini glass in the afternoon or for breakfast with a group of girlfriends. Of course, your next martini can be a real one! This Memorial Day Weekend or July 4th, opt for this parfait as it’s a perfect red, white, and blue dessert that’s healthy, pretty, and tasty! Read on for our vanilla bean fruit and yogurt parfait recipe, it’s so easy to make!
Ingredients: vegan vanilla bean whip
- 1 package extra firm silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup 100% maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean
How To Make A Vegan Fruit And Yogurt Parfait
1. Combine the tofu, cashews, maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt in a blender. Puree until smooth.
2. Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise with a sharp knife and scrape the inside filling into the blender. Blend the mixture until very smooth
3. Put the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
Assembly: make the fruit and yogurt parfaits by layering chopped strawberries, blueberries, granola and the vanilla bean whip.
Table Design: We styled the table with Mason jar water glasses and slices of lemon with tea scones. See our recipe for gluten free tea scones. To show a more casual way of serving this treat, we also assembled it in a Mason jar. See last image. For more ways to use a Mason jar see here.