It’s no secret that San Diego has perfectly warm weather all year round, which makes it tricky to wear the typical fall trends such as boots, scarves, and sweaters. College fashion trends for Fall consist of 5 basic things: High waisted denim shorts, ankle boots, crop tops, kimonos, and printed relaxed pants. To get excited for College Fashion Week on Saturday, October 19th, we are looking at the best college fashion trends! See details on College Fashion Week here. After spending some time on San Diego college campuses (UCSD, SDSU, USD, FIDM) however, below are the 5 must haves to survive San Diego fall in college fashion.
Details on the College Fashion Week Runway Event
When: October 19, 2013
Where: FIDM Campus, San Diego
Who: Open to all students and alumni of UCSD, USD, SDSU, and FIDM
5 Must Have Fall Trends For College Fashion on Campus
1. High Waisted Denim Shorts: My favorite way to wear this 90’s staple is to pair it with a simple shirt and a cute belt. Top it off with an open flannel, blazer, or leather jacket and you’ve mastered the look.
2. Ankle Boots: I’m obsessed with ankle boots of all kinds. Especially motorcycle ankle boots. They look adorable with dresses and a leather jacket, or jeans and a romantic top.
3. Crop Tops: My favorite item to pair with a crop top is a high waisted skirt or high waisted denim shorts.
4. Kimonos: These are not your typical kimono wrap robe! Kimonos are so cute over dresses or even with high waisted shorts.
5. Printed Relaxed Pants: These look great with a simple shirt tucked in and a feminine stiletto.