Polka dots are the new stripes, according to a close hipster source. Fortunately for you non-hipsters though, you don’t need to be a hipster to rock your own dots! From the runway to the red carpet, and now to the city streets, polka dot printed dresses are appearing sexier and more stylish than ever. Celebs love them! Below, we’ve listed 6 things to think about when wearing your polka dots. Tweet us @nubry with your polka dot favs.
1. Weather – if you’re in a cooler climate, start with a long-sleeved polka dot dress and pair with black tights (opaque or sheer). If you’re in a warmer climate, or if you want to get a head start to spring shopping, go for the sleeveless polka dot dress.
2. Shapes – polka dots don’t have to be round. Try star or heart shaped polka dots like Kate Bosworth and Taylor Swift.
3. Fabric – sheer fabrics are so popular amongst the celebs, especially when complemented by the oh-so-classic polka dot.
4. Footwear – warm or cold, feel free to go crazy in the shoe department! With a pretty simple dress, you really can go sleek or funky with your shoes.
5. Accessories – don’t feel comfortable wearing full-on polka dots? Add a punch of dots to your outfit with a bag, heels, shorts, or just a headband!
6. Makeup – if you opt for a black or nude shoe try out that red pout you’ve been dying to perfect (if you haven’t already mastered the craft).
SHOP THIS RED CARPET LOOK: Motel Elsa Mesh Insert Sweetheart Neck Dress
SHOP THIS CITY STREET LOOK: Alberta Ferretti Polka-dot silk-chiffon dress