Are you looking to spice up your autumn and winter wardrobes? Incorporate back in a garment to your winter closet that you may not have thought of…shorts! Shorts may seem like they are for the hot summer months only, but that’s simply not true! Winter-weight shorts and knickers (loose-fitting short pants gathered at the knee) come in heavy wools, plaids, tweeds and leather so that they can be easily be layered. You can even use your summer-weight denim shorts in the winter with the correct styling.
Styles of shorts can be mid-thigh to short (mini), depending on if you are wearing boots, booties, flats or heels. If you wish to wear shorter shorts, you can actually go shorter than you would in the summer, because you are layering them so much with tights and sweaters that it isn’t like you are stepping out of Abercrombie & Fitch or off the set of Dukes of Hazard a la Jessica Simpson.
Below, we’ve gathered photos of fashionistas donning on trend outfits that incorporate shorts during winter. You’ll find that it’s possible to stay warm and look super stylish in shorts during the winter. We’ve also shopped our 12 favorite styles of shorts that you may desire to have for yourself!
8 Ways To Wear Shorts During Winter:
Dress Up Shorts by Wearing a Matching Plaid Suit
– These shorts are mid-thigh and conservative enough for any function. This outfit is dressed up with heels, but can be dressed down with a flat boot. –
Wear Denim Shorts in Winter:
– As you can see, these shorts would be very short in the summer, but when layered with black tights, you do not notice their mini length. This outfit is layered with a cape and multi-printed scarf. –
Wear Colorful Tights with Shorts:
– These oxblood hued tights are so on trend for the season. This gal’s cozy sweater with embellished brooch and top bun makes this a preppy outfit for winter. –
Wear Winter Shorts with A Blazer and Socks Over-top Tights:
– Fashion blogger, Keikolynn, wears a double-breasted, gold button blazer with leather shorts, sheer tights and boots. –
Wear Tartan Plaid Shorts with a Long Trench Coat:
– These red plaid shorts with ribbed tights and lace-up booties are kept warm with a gray trench coat and flannel tote bag. –
Wear Winter Shorts with Oxblood and Cream:
– Oxblood shorts with cream is a classic color combo for winter. This look is paired with rich bordeaux tights, darker cream pumps, and an extra chunky knit scarf. –
Wear a Long, Chunky Cardigan with Winter Shorts:
– Olivia Palermo wears shorts and a blouse with a beige cardigan, tights and black, patent mary jane platforms. –
Wear an Oversized Sweater with Shorts:
– An oversized sweater with fur collar or a long sweater coat makes one comfortable and warm, especially when layered over-top winter-weight knickerbockers.
SHOP 12 WINTER-WEIGHT SHORTS FOR THE AUTUMN/WINTER SEASON: