There is nothing better than spending the day making Valentine’s Day treats with your loved ones (especially little ones, if you’re a lucky mommy)! This Valentine’s Day, give these healthy chocolate truffles a try. This is a really great recipe for those who opt for vegan desserts as they are absolutely delicious. Not only is this dessert plant-based, but it’s also raw, gluten free, grain free, and even refined sugar free. Ohh ya! You’ll feel good about eating them and neither you nor your loved ones will feel wired and out of control from all the processed sugar found in typical unhealthy desserts.
Below is our recipe for healthy Valentine’s Day chocolate truffles, which you can easily print out for your kitchen endeavors! When you roll these little balls in toppings, get creative and use a variety of ingredients like chopped pistachios, goji berries, cacao powder, rose petals, bee pollen, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and orange zest … mmmmm! Happy V-day!
Vegan Desserts: How To Make Valentine’s Day Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup of raw organic almond butter
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of maca (leave out if making with children)
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar or xylitol
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of Celtic salt
- Toppings ( choose pistachios, goji berries, cacao powder, rose petals, bee pollen, cinnamon and coconut sugar, and/or orange zest)
- In your blender mix almond butter, cacao powder, coconut sugar, maple syrup (optional), vanilla, maca, and salt. Once well combined add in the melted coconut slowly. Blend.
- Add the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or over night.
- Use an ice cream scoop to dish out even-sized balls. Roll with your hands and then toss in your favorite topping. Use chopped pistachios, goji berries, cacao powder, rose petals, bee pollen, cinnamon and coconut sugar, and orange zest.
- Once you’ve made your delicious vegan desserts, keep them cool if not serving.
Editor’s Note: these healthy chocolate truffles are not only a great substitution for ordinary truffles packed with processed sugar and butter on Valentine’s Day, but also serve as a replacement vegan desserts any day of the year! There are so many wonderful, tasty dessert options to choose from, and most of the recipes are easier than you’d expect! It’s never too late to choose a healthy lifestyle.