The last thing you want to worry about when hitting the beach in La Jolla, Del Mar, or Windansea is your bikini line! So, we’ve put together a list of the best San Diego bikini waxing places where you will feel relaxed and comfortable and leave having had a fab bikini wax experience. Read on for must-know bikini waxing tips, like how to prepare and what to do after your appointment, as well as 5 waxing spots in San Diego that you can trust.
Pre-Bikini Wax Tips:
- Before going in for a bikini wax, always make sure to have at least a 1/4 inch of hair growth
- Shower and exfoliate to be clean and readily prepared for your appointment
- Wipes are handy to have to make sure you are clean at the last minute before entering the salon room — hygiene and preparation are extremely important!
Post-Bikini Wax Tips:
- After waxing, avoid hot tubs, tanning, sun bathing, or saunas for 48 hours
- To reduce redness and inflammation (and to save yourself from a little embarrassment) apply hydro-cortisone cream before jumping into your bikini
- Ingrown hairs can be awful and ugly, we recommend using Tend Skin daily to help prevent those unsightly things
Editors Note: Waxing can be quite painful if you are not used to it! Try taking an Ibuprofen 30 minutes before your appointment. Additionally, stay away from caffeine before your appointment as it will enhance feeling. Then, sit back, relax, and breathe deeply as tensing will only make the pain worse!
Top San Diego Bikini Waxing Places
1. Beauty By Dolly, Hillcrest
Beauty By Dolly offers sugar waxing and threading for their hair removal services. Sugar waxing is a more gentle procedure than normal wax and is ideal for sensitive skin. We love sugar wax because its room temperature, adheres only to the hair, and is free of unnatural chemicals – leading to a less-painful hair removal process and decreased irritation. Unlike shaving, which is enormously tedious and promotes the growth of ingrown hairs, sugaring and waxing will leave you smooth and hairless for up to six weeks.
2. Brow Lounge, La Jolla
Set in the heart of La Jolla, Brow Lounge has a super fun and friendly staff and a great location. Their technicians are very professional and will have you done before you know it as they work swiftly, yet still with attention to detail. Post wax, head over to Juice Crafters next door or Brick and Bell across the street to treat yourself to a fresh pressed juice, smoothie, or nice cup a joe.
3. The Pretty Kitty, Pacific Beach
The Pretty Kitty specializes in giving a bikini wax with soft wax which is supposed to be better for sensitive skin as well as less painful. Soft wax is harder to work with than hard wax, so the technicians at this salon are specially trained for this technique. The Pretty Kitty prides itself in completing a Brazilian bikini wax in just 10-15 minutes, promising to to have you out the door and on with your day in no time at all!
4. The Grand Del Mar Spa, Del Mar
Here, you can completely relax and rejuvenate your body in pure luxury. With a full menu of spa services, including bikini waxing, the Grand Del Mar Spa is hands down one to spend the day at to give yourself some much deserved TLC.
5. Estancia La Jolla Spa, La Jolla
A beautiful setting to wind down and relax at! Post wax, enjoy The Estancia’s relaxation area where you can read, sip tea, and escape the stresses of daily life.
Shop Bikini Wax Products
For more San Diego bikini waxing spots and beauty tips, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter in the sidebar above.