The Fit Foodie Race Series is called “the most delicious race ever” for good reason! There will be so much great food following the race from meals cooked by Health and Cooking Light magazines as well as many healthy food vendors giving away generous samples. This year, Fit Foodie 5K San Diego includes both a 5K and a 10K race on Saturday, October 22 at 7am as well as a kick-off party on Friday, October 21 at 6pm. Details below.
We had so much fun last year and as such, we’ll be back again this year! Read on for our must-know tips before heading to the Embarcadero for Fit Foodie Race Weekend 2016.
1. Meet Celebrities
Chef Rich Sweeney, former Bravo TV Top Chef participant, will be doing food demonstrations including chicken and zucchini pappardelle with creamy tarragon yogurt. Meet Meb Keklezighi, 4 time Olympian and Boston Marathon and NYC Marathon champion, who will lead the dynamic stretching prior to the race.
2. Get $20 Off Fit Foodie 5K San Diego Tickets
Use code NUBRY to get $20 discount on race tickets. 5K is $55 per person and 10K is $65 per person before discount. Buy tickets to Fit Foodie Race Weekend!
3. Drinks In The Beer Garden
Sip Stella Artois, Truly Spiked, and Barefoot Wine starting at 8am in the Fit Foodie Beer Garden.
4. Win A Fitbit
Listen to see if you are a winner! Every 30 minutes, a free Fitbit will be given out to runners!
5. Come Hungry
Do not plan a brunch after the race because there is so much food, samples, swag, and treats at this event! You will not leave hungry and you’ll leave with plenty of gifts.
6. Meet the Editors Of Cooking Light and Health
Kick off the weekend at The Headquarters at Seaport on Friday, October 21st to meet the editors of Cooking Light and Health magazines at Party With A Purpose.
7. Work Out With SEALFIT Coaches
Come back on Sunday, October 23rd for a Sweat Session on the Coronado Terrace at The Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina with the SEALFIT coaches.
8. Your Ticket Supports The American Diabetes Association
By purchasing a ticket for the Fit Foodie 5K Race Series, you are supporting the American Diabetes Association.
9. Your Race Ticket Includes Much More Than Just The Race
- 5K Run / Walk participation and race bib
- Fit Foodie Finisher’s Medal
- Cash Reward for top finishers
- Entrance to the John Hancock Vitality Village post race celebration, featuring, food and beverage samples, culinary demonstrations, mini fitness classes led by acclaimed professionals, huge raffle prizes
- Swag bag chock-full of goodies from top health and wellness brands
- Post race celebratory drinks. Cheers! (21+ ONLY)
- 10% off Fit Foodie gear (sold on race day)
- T-shirt for 10K registrants.*
10. Arrive Early
Stretching for the race starts at 6:45am and the race begins at 7am.
11. The Race Is At Embarcadero Marina South
Fit Foodie Series is at Embarcadero Marina South – 200 Marina Park Way, San Diego, CA 92101.