La Jolla is packed with hair salons, makeup stores, and spas, but what are the best beauty parlors and where can you get perfect eyebrows? As local La Jollans, we know the in’s and out’s of the town, especially where to get your every beauty need! Click here if you want to know about the La Jolla locals. Below, we feature 5 of the best beauty hotspots in La Jolla, as seen in Locale Magazine’s Holiday 2014 issue, including where to get perfect eyebrows, where to purchase the best beauty products, best highlights, and more — all of which will give you that extra edge and confidence you’re craving for this holiday season.
1. The Strand on Prospect Street – This salon knows how to do blonde! The industrial loft style salon behind Richard Walkers Pancake House and Bar Fly is a best kept secret for locals. On the retail side, Living Proof hair care line is their favorite and ours too! This season, owner, James recommends a rich strawberry blonde with auburn hair hue for winter. Blondes should make sure they are using silver or purple shampoo from time to time to fight orange tones. For dark brunettes, ask to have your hair match your brown eye color. A deep conditioning is always a great idea to instantly rejuvenate your strands.
2. Katherine Cosmetics – This makeup line based in San Diego is designed for women on the go. It is also the first socially sold luxury make up line which means you can actually have a makeup party for your friends with one of the Katherine Cosmetics makeup stylists. Check out their K-Sport makeup line for working out and Why It’s OK To Wear Workout Makeup To The Gym. Katherine Cosmetics is now also available at the Cos Bar in La Jolla.
3. Cos Bar – Speaking of Cos Bar…this is the makeup mecca with Cle de Peau, Revive, Dior, Chanel, Natura Bisse, Oribe, Tom Ford…and the list goes on. The beauty experts make you feel at home helping you find products that work for your skin and your face.
4. Brow Lounge – This gem is the best in town when it comes to your eye brows. Yes, perfect eyebrow here! They also have a great professional spray tan. The TRUE beauty line is awesome for enhancing you natural beauty and also a great gift for your friend. After the Brow Lounge, go next door to Juice Crafters for an organic smoothie or across the street to Brick and Bell Cafe for some java and a scone.
5. Benefit Cosmetics – On the corner of prospect St, the Benefit makeup line has a boutique where you can get hair blowouts and find makeup and accessories for every occasion. This store has perfect cutesie accessories to add to your vanity.