The 2014 New Year is here and that means numerous trips to the gym each week in order to get in shape and meet your fitness new year’s resolutions, am I right? We all know that the majority of new year’s resolutions include some sort of exercise to help us “lose weight” or “get in shape” and there’s nothing wrong with that, but that means EVERYONE will be at the gym focusing on their health and fitness.
Can you still get a quality workout at a busy gym? Maybe, but trying to manage the gym crowd everyday can become stressful and annoying. To help you bypass these new year’s gym hurdles, I have come up with no-gym workout tips that include 5-minute morning circuits, 10 minute workout breaks throughout the day, and waking up your metabolism in the mornings.
Below, I’ve listed 3 of my best tips that will help you to get in shape in your very own “home gym” and stick to your fitness new year’s resolutions. Good luck ladies!
3 Tips To Get In Shape Without Going To The Gym
1. Turn Your Home Into A Gym –
- Shape your legs by running your stairs OR performing single leg squats onto a chair
- Define and strengthen your upper body by doing pushups with your hands on a table
- Elevate your heart rate with burpees and high knees in place (find an open space for this exercise)
Note: If your goal is weight loss then limit your rest time and move quickly from exercise to exercise!
2. Wake Up And Ignite Your Metabolism –
- Make it a habit of waking up to a glass of water and a 5 minute circuit
- Start the clock and perform 15 jumping jacks, 10 bodyweight squats, 5 pushups, and 5 supermans
- Repeat the circuit as many times as possible until the 5 minutes has expired
3. Exercise Adds Up All Day –
- Don’t have time to complete a workout? Combining your exercise throughout the day is just as effective as one continuous workout (intensities being the same)
- A couple times a day, take a 10 minute break from work and walk around the building
- Add in healthy habits of taking the stairs and your 5 minute morning circuit and you will have completed a 30 minute workout by end of day