A good looking tummy area can be difficult to achieve, even if you are Doutzen Kroes, and it takes healthy eating habits, regular strength and aerobic exercise, and low stress levels to see results. Don’t fret if you weren’t gifted with an hour-glass shape, it just takes certain abdominal exercises for women and a bit of hard work before you’ll start to see a tiny waist. Read on to see which abdominal exercises for women are the best for tightening the midsection.
Exercise is one of the most debated factors when it comes to tightening the stomach. Some fitness professionals preach abdominal crunches on a daily basis, while others recommend stability exercises such as planks. If performed correctly, a stomach tightening exercise program can include crunch and stability variations.
Although I’m a fan of many abdominal exercises, I believe that with just 2 particular exercises, you can see effective results. Well, what are they? Below, check out my top 2 abdominal exercises for women that will tighten your tummy. Not only do these exercises help flatten the stomach, but they also help strengthen the midsection.
Top Abdominal Exercises For Women: 2 Flat Tummy Exercises
1. Stability Ball “Stir the Pot”
- Start this exercise with your forearms on the ball and your feet on the ground, making sure your body is straight as a board (should look like a plank position).
- Next, make small circles with your forearms going in the “clockwise” direction.
- Perform 8 repetitions (1 rep is 1 complete circle), then repeat in the “counterclockwise” direction.
- Focus on tightening your stomach and thighs and Breathe normally
2. Standing Cable Oblique Rotations
- Perform this exercise using a cable column (“pulley machine”) attached with one handle.
- Start by facing the machine and grab the handle with your right hand. Place your left hand over top your right hand, and turn your body 90 degrees to the left (the machine should be on your right side). With a shoulder-width stance, straighten your arms at chest level and tighten your midsection.
- The exercise starts by pulling the handle all the way across your body (from right to left) while keeping your arms straight. Last, slowly bring the handle back across your body (from left to right) to the exercise’s beginning position. That counts as one repetition.
- Perform a total of 8 reps, and then repeat on the opposite side.
- This abdominal exercise for women can also be performed with a resistance band.