So you’re wondering which supplements are a must and which are okay to pass on. The supplement world can be confusing, but to get started on the right track, begin by taking a good quality probiotic! The are several very important benefits of probiotics, including helping to support one’s digestion and immune system by feeding the “good bacteria” in the gut.
It is extremely necessary to have a balance of “good bacteria” and “bad bacteria” in your gut; due to high stress, antibiotic use, too many NASAIDS, and poor quality diets, the bad bacteria is taking over our bodies and we must take action! Adding good bacteria from probiotics on a regular basis will balance everything out.
Below, we’ve described 2 easy ways for you to add probiotics into your diet, which will most importantly allow you to begin receiving the benefits of probiotics, starting today!
Benefits Of Probiotics – How To Add Them Into Your Diet
If you travel a lot, have digestive issues, get sick often, want to maintain a healthy weight, and if you have a stressful lifestyle, you will really benefit from incorporating probiotics into your daily routine.
1. Integrate fermented, food-based probiotics into your diet
- 6-8oz of kombucha per day will provide you with an adequate amount of probiotics. Look for kombucha with low sugar levels. (Should be less than 5g of sugar per serving).
- Kefir serving sizes will vary between different brands. Be sure to read the label to see the recommended serving size. This product will naturally be higher in sugar, aim for less than 10g of sugar per serving. If you have blood sugar issues or you are “watching your sugar intake” then you may want to choose another alternative.
- Add about 1-2 Tablespoons of Sauerkraut or Kimchi to each meal. Use them as condiments, not as a side of vegetables.
2. Buy a good quality probiotic
- GoLive! is great because you don’t have to keep it in the refrigerator. You can put it in your smoothie, sprinkle it on your food or mix it with some water.
- Bio-K+ is a very powerful probiotic. I recommend drinking ½ a bottle per day (for adults). However, if you are sick or having issues with yeast infections or candida, you can take 1 full bottle per day. Additionally if you are traveling you could take 1 bottle per day.
For more articles pertaining to the benefits of probiotics, health, nourishment, and nutrition be sure to subscribe to our newsletter in the right hand sidebar above.