There are those unforeseen days when we wake up in the am and our hair is all sorts of wack. Those are the mornings where we need to be one step ahead and able to pull out the mad hair skills. We like to utilize what we call “the messy loose bun with a twist”. The messy loose bun with a side twist can be thrown together in 60 seconds. Not only is this stylish bun fast and easy to create, it’s also super chic, elegant, and durable for a day of whatever!
Below, we’ve put together a 5 step tutorial to creating the messy loose bun with a twist. Leave a comment below and tell us what you think about the messy loose bun with a twist. Are you going to try this hair style on wack hair days?
5 Step Tutorial: Messy Loose Bun with a Twist
1. Start with your desired path
2. Take a small section of hair on each side of your path and twist backwards and upwards, securing both twists behind your head with a hairband. At this point, all of your hair and twisted sections should be inside the ponytail holder.
3. Split your ponytail into a top and bottom section by running your finger through the middle of your ponytail.
4. Starting with the top half, flip it over towards the top of your head and secure the ends of your hair around the pony tail with bobby pins.
5. Repeat step 4 with the bottom half of the ponytail. This time, flip the bottom half downward towards the bottom of your head and secure the ends of your hair around the pony tail with bobby pins.