Having your best interests in mind, we want to make sure that your face, at the very least, stays as clean and flawless as humanly possible during the few days of madness at Coachella. Our Coachella makeup tips are quick and easy and will keep you looking beautiful throughout the entire music festival weekend, that’s a promise! We want to make sure that you know how to accomplish that clean, flawless Coachella beauty look knowing that you will have minimal access to normal makeup tools and luxury conditions…and that you’re living quarters probably look like a VW van, at best!
Click here for no-fuss Coachella hairstyles and click here for our music festival survival guide. Coachella and the entire music festival season is right around the corner and we imagine you’re just about dying to hop into your Volkswagen van to begin your carpool-chella. Bags are packed – crochet shorts and bikini tops, sunglasses, hat, extra change of undies – yep! But there’s one thing – very important thing – that may have, until now, slipped your mind. Your Coachella beauty routine!
Below, we’ve come up with 4 hassle-free music festival strategies that require no mirror, no water, and no excess baggage. We’ve also listed 5 makeup tips that will truly make your beauty routine a cinch during your weekend at Coachella.
Leave a comment below with past makeup strategies that have worked for you at Coachella and tweet us @nubry with pics of what’s in your makeup bag for music festival season!
Coachella Makeup Strategies
Makeup You Need To Bring: Tinted Moisturizer (not shown), Mascara booster, Mascara, Lipstick, and Blush.
Music Festival Strategies:
1. First, apply tinted moisturizer with SPF to your face. Tinted moisturizer is a great product for spending the day outdoors because it gives you lightweight coverage, moisturizes and hydrates your skin and protects it from sunburn. My favorites are Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer SPF20 and Bobbi Brown’s Extra SPF25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm. Just apply a thin, even layer over your face using your fingertips for a lightweight, dewy finish.
2. Next, apply blush and/or bronzer to your cheeks. I chose to use just blush in Gaiety by NARS in a light wash across the apples of my cheeks and cheekbones with a small blush brush. It comes in a small compact with a built-in mirror that’s great for when you’re on the go.
3. Keep it simple by just applying mascara, since eye makeup has a tendency to run if you’re outdoors in the sun all day. I used Lancôme Cils Booster XL and Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes Mascara. Cils Booster XL is an incredible lash base that lengthens and plumps your eyelashes for a magnified look…apply one coat on your top and bottom lashes under your favorite mascara.
4. Brighten your lips with a swipe of NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage (a bold, hot pink shade). This lipstick has a nice matte finish and stays on all day without drying out your lips.
5 Coachella Makeup Tips
1. Bring makeup remover wipes to remove your makeup at the end of the day since you’ll likely be without a place to thoroughly wash your face.
2. Don’t have a mirror to apply your makeup? Use the front camera on your iPhone as a video mirror. We do this all the time and it really works! You can also use the rear view or side mirror of a car, but if you take the NARS blush you will already have a small mirror with you.
3. You may want to opt for waterproof mascara since you’ll be outdoors all day. You can just reapply mascara during the days that you’re there since it can be more difficult to remove.
4. If you have space you may want to use a makeup setting spray like Urban Decay’s All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray. Lightly mist it across your finished makeup look and it will hold your makeup in place for up to 16 hours!
5. Round up some sample or travel sizes of your favorite products to save on space!
For more music festival and Coachella beauty tips, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter in the sidebar above.