With all the ghouls and goblins out on Halloween, we want to make sure you stay safe — because it could be a scary night! Whether trick or treating with the kiddies or going out on the town with pals, you need to remember that the world can be a dangerous place, especially on Halloween night, and thus extra precautions need be taken! Take heed of our Halloween safety tips and all will be fine. Did you know that poisoned candy for little trick or treaters is as real a risk as being hit by a car! Many factors pose a threat during Halloween and this fun holiday can easily become the worst holiday if you’re not fully aware of your surroundings. So, get your Halloween costume, make some Halloween treats, and prepare your mind so you can have the most unforgettable night (in a good way)!
Below, we have listed our top Halloween safety tips to make sure that you have the best (and safest) night possible. Happy Halloween 🙂
Halloween Safety Tips
- Monitor alcohol intake — seriously! For every drink, make sure that you have a glass of water, so that you stay fully aware of your surroundings
- Stay close to friends — don’t wander off alone or leave your venue with new friends
Bring a coat — the end of October can be quite chilly at night and you don’t want to end your night early due to the extreme shivers
- Use common sense — don’t do something out of the ordinary that you wouldn’t do on another night
- Look both ways before crossing — you never know whose behind the wheel of that car and what they have been up to all night. Pay close attention when crossing a street and don’t cross while speaking on your cell phone as this will distract you from the road
- Treats and candy received should be looked at and analyzed before consumption for any signs of tampering
- If trick or treating, stay with the kiddies to make sure they are not running through the streets or getting into danger
- Monitor surroundings for strange adults who are without children
- Never take candy from a stranger on the sidewalk
- Only accept candy that is in a sealed package
- Carry a flashlight
- Most importantly, be aware! … and have fun!!!