Hooray for summer! For lazy days by the pool and at the beach, and for hot days and even hotter nights (wink, wink)! Even though summer is the most relaxed season of the year, you still gotta look stylish, and with our fashion tips, you’ll see how easy it is to achieve that effortless summer style. Below, we’ve put together a list of our 10 must-have accessories for summer that will have you looking so put together, while at the same time appearing as effortless as the season itself. Now with all of these hot summer fashion tips and accessory must haves, you can go on and enjoy your summer while looking amazing.
10 Accessories And Fashion Tips For Summer
1) Bold Necklace – Sexy summer necklines are the perfect place to display a big, bold, chunky necklace. Draw attention to yourself and to that cute top you are wearing with a statement piece in a fun color! The key is to mix and match such as a turquoise necklace with a yellow top, or pink with coral. Be playful…we dare you!
2) Bright Scarf – That’s right, we said scarf…in summer! Think lightweight fabrics and prints. There may be no other accessory as versatile as a scarf. You can glam up and tie it around your head à la Audrey Hepburn while cruising up the coast in a convertible; you can wrap it loosely around your neck in lieu of a necklace with a basic tee or dress; and it can even double as a wrap over your shoulders if you catch a cool breeze or too much AC. Oh the possibilities!
3) Haute Hat – We love the sun as much as anyone, but do you know what we don’t love? Lines! Not at the club and certainly not on our face! Take cover and protect your beautiful self from damaging rays with a big, wide brim hat. Besides, a girl in a hat looks so incredibly stylish…no one has to know that the reason you are really wearing it is because you are having a bad hair day (can you say humidity?)!
4) Sassy Sunglasses – Love these! We should have put this as #1 as it is our absolute fave! Even if Chanel, Gucci, and Dior aren’t hanging in your closet, their sunglasses can be affordable. Rock your favorite designer shades and instantly feel yourself transform into the likes of every celebrity walking around Hollywood incognito. And, if you don’t really care about that, then refer to the reason for the haute hat in #3.
5) Colorful Clutch – Stop! Before you walk out of your front door, what color is your handbag? Now slowly put the black bag down and empty its contents into a fun colorful one instead. This is an easy way to add a pop of color to any outfit and we are obsessed with the Kate Spade “Holly Street-Remi Clutch” in Maraschino.
Shop our favorite accessories for summer:
6) Fashionable Flip Flops – It doesn’t get much more carefree than flip flops, and there are so many jeweled sandals with stones, crystals, and embellishments that there is absolutely no reason to wear anything less than fabulousnous on your feet.
7) White Watch – Not to tell time, silly, that is what your iPhone is for, but to wear as a crisp, summer accessory. Besides, white will bring out your tan that you worked so hard for by laying out all day.
8) Beach Bags – During the day, you might find yourself at the beach, then taking a stroll through town to shop, and all of a sudden it is happy hour and you just have to have a fruity cocktail! An oversized, slouchy tote bag will fit your cover up, shoes, and all of your other beach day essentials and beauty products to touch up and stay on the go!
9) Bangles – Is there anything sexier than sparkly bangles grazing up and down your bronzed arm? We think not. We love all of the bracelets in the Glam & Sassy summer collection. The silver bangles all come with several in a bunch, so all you have to do is slide them on and then show your sparkle!
10) Chandelier Earrings – Too hot to blow dry today? No problem. Throw your hair in a high pony and put on statement earrings. Chandelier earrings are on trend this summer and they are definitely eye catching.