Fascinators or Hats! Which to choose? And how to match fascinators with an outfit when deciding what to wear to the horse races in Del Mar? We are waiting in anticipation for July 17, 2013 – Opening day at the Del Mar race track! Below are 7 tips on matching your fascinator or hat to your outfit to look stunning in the Turf Club or in the infield. If you haven’t decided what to wear to the horse races in Del Mar yet, you still have the weekend to pick the perfect hat with your perfect outfit! I just returned from a high tea party at Melero boutique, trying Elle Archer hats and fascinators, designed by Devin Bowman of Del Mar.
You can watch me on TV tomorrow morning with Alexis Del Chiaro as I help San Diego get dressed for the races and choose the perfect hat or fascinator. The segment will be live on KUSI at 9am-10am. Tune into Channel 9 (KUSI), or watch live on www.Kusi.com.
7 Tips on Fascinators For Deciding What To Wear To The Horse Races In Del Mar
1. Colorblocking: If you are wearing a solid colored dress, pair it with a different colored hat.
2. White dress: If you are wearing a white dress, a big trend this year is to go for a pop of color in your fascinator.
3. Monochromatic: If you are wearing one color, then where it head to toe for a big statement.
4. Busy Printed Dress: If you have a dress that is sequined or has alot going on, then pair it with a simple white or neutral hat
5. Colorful Dress: If you have a colorful dress, then choose one color from the dress that will be featured in your hat.
6. Black and White Dress: If you have black and white dress, wear a black or white hat. If you want to go more fashion forward, then add a pop of color in your fascinator.
7. Hats or Fascinators?: I say fascinator! They give you more peripheral vision, are less hot on your head, no hat hair, and no bumper (car) hat action
Want to know what I will be wearing tomorrow on KUSI discussing what to wear to the races? Well, I cant give it away, but this is one of the looks I tried on at Melero Boutique with an Elle Archer orchid fascinator.