Does anybody else come home after a day at the office or university and throw off whatever you are wearing for the nearest pair of leggings? Leggings are the most comfortable piece of clothing to wear since the pajama bottoms, but that doesn’t mean that they’re reserved for in-home purposes only. Below, we’ve created 5 very stylish outfits that show you how to wear different types of leggings for both casual and dressy occasions. From leather, disco and sequin leggings to colored and pattered/printed leggings, we’ve got you covered from head to toe.
Leather leggings à la Sandy from Greece (Olivia Newton John) are sexy and glamorous bottoms, but wearing a boyfriend blazer overtop a blouse with flat shoes can make these risky hotpants a not-so-risky choice. See how Kim Kardashian styled Greece leggings here. Disco leggings are the shiny or ‘wet look’ leggings. When styling them for the day, be sure to dress them down with an oversized t-shirt and a leather jacket. Emphasize the rocker vibe with bold jewelry and masculine boots!
Sequin leggings are actually a warm alternative to tights and lightweight leggings. The sequin layers make them more desirable for a night out of bar hopping when you may have to wait around in the twenty degree weather for the club bouncer to lift the red rope (even if it is only for 1 minute!). Sequin leggings will look classy for evening with a peplum top – red lips are a must to complete your look. For day, dress down sequin leggings by following style notes from model, Jessica Hart. Pictured to the left, Jessica styles glitzy Isabel Marant “Folco” sequin-embellished leggings with a vintage “Led Zeppellin United States of America 1977” tee shirt, black sneakers, Balmain Mongolian long-haired jacket, and a Balenciaga Giant “Work” bag.
Colored leggings are a perfect alternative to black leggings and they’re a safe choice for those not daring enough to wear leather or printed leggings. No, we’re not saying you have to venture out into bright, fruity colors like yellow and orange! Rather, choose earthy colored leggings like rust, hunter green, brown and navy. Next throw on a long, oversized sweater with motorcycle studded boots and you’ll have a slimming, elegant look that’s ready to hit the town.
Lastly, printed leggings are the new printed denim and are going to be winter 2013’s hottest trend! To stray away from a clowny resemblance, combine your printed leggings with a solid color or a metallic top that does not compete with the pattern on your legs. Neutral flats and a bowler hat will complete the look.
5 Stylish Ways To Wear All Types Of Leggings
1. How to Wear Leather Leggings: Leather has made a huge comeback in the past few seasons. With leather jackets and boots flocking the Christmas and Hanukkah wish lists this year, it’s only natural for the leather obsession to progress to our legs. But good thing leather leggings are super chic! When paired with a monochrome outfit, they are timeless and glamorous. Don’t be afraid to wear them either, they’re super flattering!
2. How to Wear Colored Leggings: The classic legging can be a bit boring sometimes, so what’s keeping you from trying out a a colored pair? You can go bright if you want to or stay with the earthy tones like this gorgeous sage green pair below. The best way to pull off a colored pair of leggings is to keep them within the color scheme of the outfit. For example, this green pair below ties in well with a camouflage cardigan in the same hue.
3. How To Wear Disco Leggings: Disco pants hit the fashion blogger scene by storm this summer. The ‘Sandy from Grease’ sheen and the tight, body-enhancing fit created quite a whirlwind. Perfect for a night out, music gig, or even just day-to-day errands, these high-shine pants are a staple to anyone daring enough. Oh, by the way, they come in all different colors too!
4. How To Wear Patterned Leggings: If you’re wanting to ditch the staple black legging, but not quite ready to pull on a pair adorned in sequins, then the next best thing may be a gorgeous patterned or printed pair of leggings. Every pattern you could ever desire, from snowflakes to raindeer, is now available on a pair of leggings, so have a perusal around and see what you can find!
5. How To Wear Sequin Leggings: Add a bit of sparkle to your outfit with sequin leggings – best paired with a plain or vintage top and some vampish lipstick. As more of an evening garment, although can be styled for day if style notes are taken from Jessica Hart (above), these gorgeous embellished pants will look spectacular at a Christmas party, celebrating a birthday, or ringing in the New Year in spots like the Big Apple or Aspen!
SHOP 14 DIFFERENT TYPE OF LEGGINGS:
– Leather, Patterened, Disco, Sequin, and Colored –