Our anticipation builds as the spring season approaches because that means that we can bring out all of our favorite pastel colored pieces. The term pastel is defined as a pale color – shades of lavender, muted coral and yellow, mint green, bubblegum pink, sky blue, and more. As colors that typically represent summer and welcome the bright spring season, there are still ways to incorporate pastel colors into your everyday winter and spring wardrobes without going full-out in candy colored hues. See how I’ve styled pastels for spring here.
Below, we find inspiration in the celebrity style of popular leading ladies like Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez, Alessandra Ambrosio, Jessica Alba, Hilary Duff, and more! We’ve listed 12 ways to wear pastel hues right now – from outfit pieces to hair and nails – without looking like you’re in the wrong season.
12 Ways Celebrities Incorporate Pastel Hues Into Their (Almost) Spring Wardrobes
1. Mint Sweater – Ashley Tisdale wears a mint Vintage Havana “Skull” sweater, paired with white boyfriend jeans and white Celine mini luggage handbag.
2. Pink Scarf – Selena Gomez accessorizes her dark, charcoal gray, oversized sweatshirt dress with a pink infiniti scarf.
3. Pale Blue Hoodie – Ashley Greene adds a pop of color to her earth-colored outfit with a pale blue hoodie.
4. Lavender Hair – Kelly Osbourne sports an extra long, lilac ponytail at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
5. Blue Motorcycle Jacket – Alessandra Ambrosio wears a pastel blue, suede, moto Pierre Balmain jacket with light sky blue skinny jeans.
6. Peach Blouse and Sneakers – Jessica Alba incorporates three pastel pieces into her outfit: a peach blouse, peach wedge sneakers, and pale pink blazer. Paired with white skinny jeans, her subdued hue look is perfect for transitioning into spring.
7. Coral Crop Top – Nicole Scherzinger wears a peach crop top paired with a high-waisted, pencil, white Reiss “Nia” skirt. Nicole keeps warm by layering with a dark trench coat.
8. Pink Trench Coat – Eva Longoria keeps warm in a bubblegum pink, leather trench coat by Bally Resort 2013 at the Presidential Inauguration.
9. Metallic Sky Blue Bomber Jacket – Cara Delevingne wears a metallic, sky blue bomber jacket paired with metallic sneakers. The rest of her outfit is simple hues – gray pants, white tee, and gray satchel.
10. Baby Blue Manicure – Diane Kruger sports baby blue nails to the Vanity Fair Oscars 2013 afterparty with her black and white, printed Giambattista Valli dress, white Christian Louboutin heels, and black clutch.
11. Pink Blazer – Molly King layers a printed sheath dress with a salmon-hued, Reiss “San Tor” tuxedo blazer.
12. Gray tote – Hilary Duff totes around her pastel gray, Celine mini luggage. The pale gray bag brightens up her dark ensemble.