The turtleneck sweater needs to be a top priority when shopping for your winter wardrobe favorites. Why? Because, this season there are so many different styles of turtleneck sweaters that you are bound to be obsessed with, such as chunky turtlenecks, zipper turtlenecks, ribbed turtlenecks, cropped turtlenecks, and embellished turtlenecks. Finding the right cut and style for you shouldn’t hardly demand much effort! With temperatures dropping by night, it’s best to start your day off layering — which looks super chic and sophisticated — by wearing winter 2014’s must-have coats and jackets. Find inspiration on how to wear that turtleneck sweater you’ve been eying from Zara and Nasty Gal or the zipper turtleneck sweater you’ve seen on all the top fashion bloggers by checking out the fashionistas below.
5 Ways To Wear The Turtleneck Sweater
1. Aimee Song of Song of Style paired boyfriend jeans and a zipper-detail turtleneck sweater with Givenchy heeled sandals and a Givenchy satchel. An important thing to remember with this look is to keep colors light and feminine to soften the baggy relaxed-fit jeans. Also, with this look you don’t have to go completely designer. You can achieve the same look with fast-fashion brands such as Zara and H&M.
SHOP Aimee’s Shoes: Givenchy ‘Sara Leather Sandals’
SHOP Aimee’s Handbag: Givenchy ‘Antigona Sugar Satchel Bag’
2. Julie Sariñana of Sincerly Jules pairs her black oversized turtleneck sweater with black aviators and black skinny jeans. This look is especially great if you’re having a tough wardrobe day. The monochromatic color scheme helps to dress up what would normally be just a plain sweater and skinny jean combo.
3. Arielle Nachmani of Something Navy is the queen of mixing and matching pieces for an eclectic but traditional look.Again with the monochromatic color scheme, but more so the unique part about this look is the sequined midi-skirt. The mix of textures, especially with the sequins, is so festive. If sequins are not your thing, you can even mix this look up with a fringe mini skirt or leather midi skirt.
4. Christine Andrew of Hello Fashion Blog strayed away from the neutral tones when wearing her vibrant, red turtleneck sweater. Not only is her color choice of turtleneck on par with the holiday season but as is her effortlessly chic look. The stylish mother of three paired her red turtleneck with a matching red plaid mini-skirt. She always wore some black, Stuart Weitzman over the knee boots to compliment her black Chanel handbag.
SHOP Christine’s Skirt: Revolve Clothing ‘Jo Skirt’
SHOP Christine’s Boots: Stuart Weitzman ‘Highland Over the Knee Boot’
5. Shea Marie of Peace Love Shea took her winter style international when wore her cream colored turtleneck sweater in Milan, Italy. The Southern California native paired her sweater staple with key pieces such as, an oversized coat, wide-brimmed fedora, Chloe leopard bag and Alexander wang boots.
SHOP Shea’s Handbag: Chloe ‘Medium Baylee Handbag – Savanna Brown’
SHOP Shea’s Boots: Alexander Wang ‘Lin Leather Boots’
SHOP THIS POST + MORE TURTLENECK SWEATERS: