Headed to Cabo San Lucas this summer for a little R&R, sun tan, tequila, and fun? Lucky you! Would you like to know what to wear on a yacht in Cabo whilst gazing out to Lover’s Beach (Playa del Amor) and plunging into the Sea of Cortez for a little snorkel action?
What you’ll wear in Cabo is very different than what you’ll wear if you’re glamping in Canada! LOL.
For a summer day out on the water during May, June, July, and August, you’ll want to make sure that you board your boat in a skimpy-ish bikini. You’ll also need an oversized hat and sunglasses.
The temperatures hit high 80’s and low 90’s during the summer months. If you’re not careful, you’ll burn your precious skin. The right sunblock for your skintype is a must!
When the heat gets to be too much, you can always step inside for a brief cool-off sesh, before heading out to the bow again for a deeper, darker tan.
Below, I’m wearing a coral bikini from Sauvage Swimwear in La Jolla, CA (also available online, links below). The push-up bikini top is amazing for gals who want a little extra support. The under-wire creates nice shape!
The bikini bottoms are detailed with Swarovski crystals and the back is Brazilian cut with a ruched butt. Read on for tips on the must-bring items for a yacht day in Cabo San Lucas.
We’ve also picked out our favorite gypset swimwear ideas if you’re headed to a top European beach town.
5 Things You Need On A Yacht
- Sunblock for Face — I love the Zo Skin Health Oclipse® Smart Tone SPF 50 because it has customizable color beads with broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection to match any skin tone. Additionally, it has anti-redness properties.
- Big Round Floppy Sun Hat — a baseball hat or fedora will not do the job; the sun is intense and you’ll want to make sure to protect your skin throughout the entire day. See below for some great options.
- Sunglasses — obvi! But, don’t bring your best pair, it’s really easy to lose precious items overboard. See below for some really cute sunglasses that won’t break the bank if you lose ’em.
- Flat Sandals — don’t make the mistake of being “that girl” that shows up in 5 inch platforms…this isn’t Miami! Cabo is really casual girlfriend. See below for pretty flat sandals that pair perfectly with a bright colored bikini.
- Drinks — make sure that your boat is decked out in drinks of all types…this may seem obvious, but it’s possible you rented a yacht with no frills. Doesn’t hurt to ask, but it will hurt if your boat is dry!
And Here’s What To Wear…
Top and Bottom bikini set from Sauvage Swimwear in La Jolla (SOLD OUT).
Shop My AQ/AQ Shorts
Shop Big Floppy Sun Hats