Once you “Like” their page to see their show, you’re hooked, and now get to see all about the brand’s advertising campaigns – all day / every day. Woohoo!
So my question for you is, will you opt-in temporarily for the show? Or, are you in it for the long run?
This season, like none other before, brands are giving their fans access to their Spring 2012 collections as they hit the runways LIVE in NYC. Whether you choose to watch live runway streaming and behind-the-scenes action from the brand’s Facebook page, Youtube’s Live Runway Channel, or the brand’s website – along the way, you’ve probably provided, at the very least, an email address or your phone number to receive real-time text or email “updates”. Live NYFW streaming has many implications:
1. We can all watch famous designer runway shows from the comfort of our couches! Yes!!
2. Exclusive front row seating is a thing of the past – thank god for me!
3. Fans around the world can tweet and join conversations about their favorite designer pieces as they walk down the runway!
4. Brands can build a much larger worldwide presence through live-streaming, twitter, facebook, youtube and tumblr hype!
5. Not a celebrity? No problem…log onto Facebook and click “Like” on your favorite brand’s page.
For those interested, here’s a list of live streaming runway shows. Which shows have you already watched, and what were your thoughts? Meet me today at 2pm EST for Herve Leger by Max Azria and please tweet with me @GretchHackmann.